I’m currently a junior at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, where I’m majoring in English with a concentration in Literary Studies and minoring in Writing. I adore young adult novels and my favorite thing to do is curl up with a cup of coffee and read for hours, preferably with a Marvel movie playing in the background.
Three things I’m most passionate about:
- Captain America (I love comic books and superheroes).
- Own-voices novels!
- I’m very passionate about finding out what other Fantastic Beasts live in Newt Scamander’s case.
Three terms that describe me:
Top three favorite Children’s/YA books:
- Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
Jamie is @MissUltraJamie on Twitter.
I’m currently a sophomore at DePaul University in Chicago, majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. I’m involved in my university’s creative writing club and volunteer as a tutor for immigrants learning English. My first publication was a piece entitled “Gold” in DePaul’s magazine Crook & Folly, but I’ve won writing contests in my home state of Michigan and have been a writer for most of my life. I have a deep love of reading (of course!), Walt Whitman, and cliches.
Three Things I’m Most Passionate About:
- Social justice and equality for all.
- Using writing and literature to help others feel connected to a community of their own.
- Spreading a love of literature and education.
Three Words That Describe Me:
Top Three Favorite Children’s or YA Books:
- Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
- Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
- Anything by Maggie Stiefvater (Specifically Shiver and The Scorpio Races)
Christiana is @Christiana_May on Twitter.
I’m currently a senior at DePaul University in Chicago, studying Business Management and Creative Writing. At school, I’m involved with my creative writing club and business fraternity. I love curling up with a good book, listening to instrumentals and movie scores, daydreaming, and working my novel.
What I’m most passionate about?
- Presence of diverse representation in literature
- Writing my novel
- Magical Escapism. Or just escapism.
Three words that describe me:
Your top three favorite children’s or YA books
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir