Your waiting is done. You’ve sent something to an editor or agent and your SASE shows up in the mail. Or maybe AOL has a very special message waiting for you. OR MAYBE…There’s someone calling you from the 212 right now!
Stay calm. Brace yourself. Hold on to something if you can.
Now find out what the person wants to tell you.
Did you sell your book? Does the agent want to represent you? If this is the case, read How To Interview an Agent then come back here.
YAY! Now the first thing you should do is tell Cynthea how much you love her and her bunny Snoop. Then let your spouse know, your children, your goldfish, whomever and celebrate!
Leave me to talk to the rest of the people who didn’t get that YES (that would be roughly 99.9% of you).
In the pages of the C LIU website, you’ll find more articles like…
- Rejection – read Analyze This: Form Rejections, Personal Rejections, Revision Requests, and More
- Revision – read Revision 9-1-1: How To Spot Common Problems and Fix Them
- Status Queries – read Status Queries: When and How To Do It
- Status Updates – read Status Updates: When and How To Do It
- How to Handle Screwups – read Oops! I Did It Again: Mistakes In Submissions
- And much much more…
Each of these articles will be organized according to category on the left-hand side. Or if you check the site regularly you’ll see new posts appear on the home page. If you have a burning question, you can ask me, and I’ll post a response. If you want to search for an article, use the box in the upper left. You can enter words like “query letter” or “exclusives” and read up on the subject.
Thanks for taking the C LIU crash course. If you liked what you saw here, leave me a comment on any of your favorite articles. I LOVE PRAISE! Or better yet, link to my website and become a patron. Let others know what you loved about this course.