For today’s topic on Writing for Children and Teens, I’m going to discuss the Complexity in Different Formats.
In this video by Cynthea Liu, she discusses how to approach complexity when dabbling in multiple formats.
Cynthea’s main points:
1. Word Count matters and how to figure out guidelines.
2. Complexity of plotting and how that varies from board book to YA.
The Table of Contents for the video series:
1. Writing for Multiple Formats: Introduction
2. What You Should Remember When Hearing Advice about this Topic: Disclaimers
3. Writing for Multiple Formats: The Benefits
4. How to Write for Multiple Formats: The Factors (What to Study)
5. The Factors: Age of Main Character
6. The Factors: Complexity: (Word Count, Plotting, etc.)
7. The Factors: Structure (Differences among the formats)
8. The Factors: Style
9. The Factors: Theme and Content
To watch the last video in the series click: https://youtu.be/m1ciekc7DvU .
To watch all the videos go to the playlist here: