In case you were wondering, I'm back!
Here's what happened to my precious seven days:
- Day 1: Ah. I am free of email, tiques, etc., Time to work on my own stuff. That I did. And I checked Verla's and LJ 80 million times.
- Day 2. Ah yes! I am free of email, tiques, etc., I shall work on my own stuff. That I did. Put a few chapters under my belt. Checked Verla's and LJ 160 million times.
- Day 3. Oh my, I am missing the emails and the tiques. But I shall work on my own stuff. That I did. I pat myself on the back. Checked Verla's and LJ one billion times.
- Day 4. Same as before. Checked Verla's and LJ enough for the entire population of China.
- Day 5. The weekend. Yay! Disaster strikes.
- Day 6. Hard labor (and I didn't give birth).
- Day 7. Today. More hard labor. A manuscript proofed. Three scars on my hands. Eight broken fingernails. But now I am back to checking Verla's and LJ a billion times. Whoopee!
Is it time for free-tiques now? I'm hungry.